Business Development’s job is to bring Epipheo to the doorstep of leading brands and people, correctly position our value proposition, and bring new business in our door. This person is a highly motivated, relational, ambitious, passionate, confident, and energetic individual who considers themselves a salesperson. They work well in teams, love the thrill of the hunt, and thrive working alongside other passionate people. They are curious about clients and study client competitor strategies to better understand their position in the market. They should be direct communicators, making complex concepts simple for our prospects to understand, comfortable with travel, and proficient in a pitch and presentation setting. They should be willing to take risks on the fly developing creative solutions for our client’s brand, product, and culture needs. They should bring value to our clients everyday and be focused on account growth.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF business development:
- New: Reaching out to marketing and brand managers, directors, and other key personnel to set up opportunities to pitch our creative.
- Following up on leads to set-up visits and presentations.
- Travelling to prospective client locations
- Delivering presentations to mid and senior level marketing professionals
- Crafting & delivering proposals based on our service offering and custom creative ideas
- Following up with prospects on proposals
- Existing: Working with Epipheo’s Creative Squads to find new prospects in different divisions of accounts we currently service.
- Collaborating with the Creative Director and team to create and execute sales strategies for account growth
- Setting up appointments with current contacts to discover new sales opportunities
- Presenting and pitching concepts and proposal to clients both over the phone, through email, and in person along with other team members
- Negotiating and closing new deals with existing contacts
- Seeking additional revenue opportunities within our clients’ organizations
- Researching current happenings and marketing initiatives of existing clients
- Serve as the client's advocate within the studio
- A minimum of 3 years of Sales and/or Account Management Experience within a Creative Agency, Marketing Organization, or other relevant industry.
- Reports to Director, Business Development